The wireless industry is one of the most competitive business markets in the U.S. Its major players are constantly engaged in a tug of war over new and existing customers. The potential merger of T-Mobile and Sprint will cause a new marketplace dynamic. In this environment, making sure advertising reaches consumers effectively is imperative. Enter AM/FM radio.
AM/FM radio is a mass reach machine and an ROI driver for wireless carriers. Here’s why:
1. The profile of wireless consumers strongly aligns with heavy radio listeners. Wireless customers and heavy radio listeners are mirror images of each other: educated, employed, and younger. TV viewers, on the other hand, are older and less affluent.
2. AM/FM radio has the greatest reach among wireless consumers. A recent Nielsen study of 500 media campaigns showed that reach is the most important media sales driver. AM/FM radio reaches 90% of wireless customers; more than the Internet, television, and newspapers.
3. $1 of AM/FM radio advertising generates $14 in incremental wireless sales. According to Nielsen, AM/FM radio delivers huge return on advertising investment for wireless carriers.
4. Frequent exposure to radio ads yields higher wireless consumer spend. Wireless customers who heard a radio ad more than 10 times spent 2 times more than those exposed 1 or more times. It’s important to reach the right consumer with frequent exposure to AM/FM radio advertising.
AM/FM radio and wireless carriers are logical partners. For wireless companies, heavy radio listeners are a desirable group of consumers who have money to spend. Reach them frequently with AM/FM radio and generate significant ROI.
Can your consumers hear you now? With AM/FM radio, the answer is yes!
- The profile of wireless consumers strongly aligns with heavy radio listeners.
- AM/FM radio has the greatest reach among wireless consumers.
- $1 of AM/FM radio advertising generates $14 in incremental sales.
- Frequent exposure to radio ads yields higher wireless consumer spend.
Brittany Faison is a Research Analyst at Cumulus | Westwood One.
Contact the Insights team at CorpMarketing@westwoodone.com.