“Westwood One Backstage at the AMAs” Will Feature Exclusive, Multi-Platform Content, Radio Row, Live Performances, Social Media Experiences, and A-List Interviews with Music’s Biggest Stars and Hottest New Talent
NEW YORK, NY and ATLANTA, GA – September 12, 2018 – Just a short time ago, live from YouTube Space LA, award-winning artists Kane Brown, Ella Mai, Normani and Bebe Rexha announced the nominees for the 2018 American Music Awards. The 2018 American Music Awards will broadcast live from LA’s Microsoft Theater on Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 8:00 – 11:00 pm ET, on ABC.
WHAT: Westwood One will welcome more than 25 local stations and national programs to its Westwood One Backstage at the AMAs, which takes place during rehearsals and event night for the 2018 American Music Awards at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
Westwood One, through its partnership with the American Music Awards and dick clark productions will also create exclusive AMA branded long-form and short-form content leading up to and following the awards, including:
- 10 Tune In Highlights – :30 content airing September 24 through October 5, Monday through Friday, 6 am to Midnight.
- Hot AC, AC and Top 40 format stations hosted by Jayde Donovan from WPLJ-FM, NYC and host of the syndicated weekend Jayde Show.
- Urban/Urban AC version hosted by Kenny Smoov from WQQK-FM, Nashville, TN.
- 2-Hour Nomination Special – airing October 6 or October 7, 6 am to Midnight.
- Hot AC, AC and Top 40 format version hosted by Jayde Donovan from WPLJ-FM NYC and host of the syndicated weekend Jayde Show.
- Urban/Urban AC version hosted by Kenny Smoov from WQQK-FM, Nashville, TN
- Westwood One Backstage at the American Music Awards Radio Row Remote, Monday, October 8, from 11 am to 4 pm at the Microsoft Theater Event Deck in Los Angeles.
- 5-Hour Red Carpet/Broadcast Companion/Wrap-Up Show, Tuesday, October 9.
- Red Carpet – One Hour, Tuesday, October 9, 7 pm ET, hosted by Elaina D. Smith from NASH Nights Live
- Three Hour Broadcast Companion
- Hot AC/AC format – Hosted by Adam Bomb and Kristin Klingshirn from The Bert Show
- Top 40 – Hosted by Zach Sang Show
- Urban/Urban AC – Hosted by Kenny Smoov and Sissy Brown from WQQK-FM, Nashville, TN
- One Hour Awards Wrap-Up
WHERE: Westwood One Backstage at the AMAs takes place at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Neal Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 840-4207.
About Westwood One
Westwood One, the national-facing arm of Cumulus Media, offers iconic, nationally syndicated sports, news and entertainment content to 245 million listeners each week across an audio network of 8,000 affiliated broadcast radio stations and media partners. Westwood One is the largest audio broadcast network in America, home to premium content that defines the culture, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, Westwood One Backstage, the GRAMMYs, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards and the American Music Awards. The rapidly growing Westwood One Podcast Network delivers popular network and industry personalities and programs. Westwood One connects listeners with their passions through programs and platforms that have everyone listening. For more information please visit www.westwoodone.com.
Press Contact: Jana Polsky | Westwood One | email@example.com | (212) 641-2101