Country Music Listeners Want Blake Shelton to Save Them from Study Hall, Think Reba McEntire Would be the Best Music Teacher, and Pick Tim McGraw and Faith Hill as Homecoming King and Queen
August 29, 2017
Here are some key findings:
Hall Passes and Risky Business
- With a boring study hall on their schedule, respondents would be looking to Blake Shelton to save them. Over half the respondents (57%) voted Blake Shelton as the class clown.
- Sliding through in the living room in their socks, these participants (27%) felt like jamming out to Garth Brooks’ “Friends in Low Places” for their “Risky Business” moment.
- With 39% of the votes, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were chosen as the Homecoming King and Queen; with runner-ups Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood holding 23% of the votes.
- After the crowning of the Homecoming King and Queen, 30% of the respondents said they would want to slow dance to “When You Say Nothing At All,” by Allison Krause.
An Apple for the Teacher
- Reba McEntire is a school favorite among the respondents, as one in four indicated the Country superstar would make the best music teacher.
- 61% of respondents felt the most important item on their back to school shopping list is clothes.
- For their Back-to-School style inspiration, the ladies turned to Miranda Lambert (39%) with Carrie Underwood in a close second at 34%. Meanwhile, Dierks Bentley was the clear choice among men, pulling in 47% of the male votes.
- The Dixie Chicks literally take the cake as the Country group to most likely make the first throw in a cafeteria food fight. 28% of the respondents voted for the girl group; Zac Brown Band followed right behind them with 25% of the votes.
Country radio listeners across the U.S. were polled using Katz Media’s national consumer panel. The full reveal of The NASH Country Pulse Poll series can be found online at NASH Country Daily, a leading Cumulus Media property, covering the music and lifestyles of country’s biggest stars.
About Cumulus Media
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media (NASDAQ:CMLS) combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 447 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), 8,000 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels. Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports, entertainment, news, and talk, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, the GRAMMYs, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the American Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, Westwood One News, and more. Additionally, it is the nation's leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, exclusive digital content, and live events. For more information, visit www.cumulus.com.
Press Contact: Jana Polsky | Westwood One |
firstname.lastname@example.org | (212) 641-2101