by Insights @ Westwood One | September 8, 2016
Podcast listening is on the rise and advertisers are taking note.
Twice as many agencies and advertisers now say advertise in podcast compared to last year, according to new research commissioned by Westwood One from Advertiser Perceptions, as seen in Advertising Age.
In the Westwood One State of American Podcasting 2016 report, we look at the very latest trends in consumer podcast usage and advertiser sentiment, featuring research from Edison Research, Ipsos, and Advertiser Perceptions.
Key findings from the report include:
- Podcast listening is on the rise and shows no signs of slowing down. One in five Americans have listened to a podcast in the last month.
- Podcast listeners are super fans of audio; they love audio and want more of it. Podcast listeners spend 39% more time with audio compared to the national average.
- Podcast listening is driven by Millennials and Generation Z. The median age of the American podcast audience is 31.
- Most podcast listening happens at home and occurs throughout the day.
- Podcast listeners are a desirable group for advertisers: young, employed, educated, and higher income.
- Podcast advertising is growing, with more marketers and agencies planning to advertise in podcasts.
Email us for more information about this report or more information about how to connect your brand to Westwood One’s suite of podcast personalities.