Social Media Impressions, Fan Registration & Page Views Surge as Challenge Gains Momentum
ATLANTA, August 28, 2015 – Cumulus announces soaring fan engagement for the social media-driven NASH Next Challenge talent competition, which will discover and release music from the most promising Country musicians.
Key fan engagement statistics include:
- Over 40,000 registered fans during the first three weeks of enrollment
- 142 million total impressions in the past two months on social media – excluding impressions from privacy-protected Facebook, which generates 90% of social media-driven site traffic
- 12.6 million people reached by NASH Next on Twitter and Instagram alone
- More than 1.2 million NASHNextCountry.com visitors per month
- 63% of the NASH Next website traffic driven by social media
- Over 68% of total NASH Next traffic has been on mobile devices
- A typical NASH Next fan views 5.8 pages and spends over 5 minutes on the site per visit
- Fewer than 6% of visitors leave the website after viewing only one page
“This extraordinary level of fan engagement, even in the early days of this innovative talent competition, demonstrates the passion and commitment Country music fans have to the NASH brand as they play a role in finding the next big superstar,” said John Dickey, Cumulus Executive Vice President of Content and Programming.
The NASH Next nationwide talent search is promoted on more than 200 Country stations powered by the NASH brand – making it the largest online talent search ever undertaken and the only artist development competition to use social media activity to help select winners.
Winners will be decided based on a combination of an original “Spin Index” of social media activity, online fan voting and three music industry judges: legendary music producer James Stroud, award-winning country artist and radio personality Kix Brooks and Cumulus Executive Vice President of Content and Programming John Dickey.
Monday, August 31, marks the beginning of Challenge #2, where the 85 entrants who have been selected to advance begin competing in the NASH Next Jingle Challenge. The NASH Next grand prizewinner will be signed to the new NASH Next record label, and all of the top 10 finalists will participate in a national NASH Next concert tour next year.
NASH Next marks the latest expansion of the popular NASH entertainment and lifestyle brand, and NASH’s second launch into the recorded music business – joining the NASH Icon label, whose first album by Reba McIntyre, “Love Somebody,” debuted at #1 on the Billboard Country album chart. NASH Next is based at the NASH Campus in Nashville, the nation's only multi-media facility devoted solely to producing and distributing content based on the Country music lifestyle.
Cumulus Media, Inc. launched the NASH entertainment brand based on the Country music lifestyle in January 2013 with the flagship NASH FM 94.7 in New York City. In addition to Country radio stations, the NASH brand includes a NASH magazine, concerts/events, online content and television programming. Country radio programs originate from Cumulus Media’s NASH campus in Nashville, the nation’s only multimedia facility devoted solely to producing and distributing content based on the Country music lifestyle, including radio programming, TV/videos, magazines and events.
212 319 3451 x642