Schedule of Matchups Includes Postseason Play
NEW YORK, NY – August 11, 2014 — Westwood One Sports kicks off the college football season with an exciting lineup of regular season and postseason NCAA College Football matchups, starting with Texas A&M at South Carolina on Thursday, August 28, at 5:30 pm ET.
Highlighting the regular season schedule are two games with Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston and the reigning National Champion Florida State Seminoles, as they take on Florida and ACC rival Clemson. The schedule also features games with preseason top-10 teams Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Oregon, Michigan State and Stanford. Postseason games this year include the SEC Championship Game, the annual Army vs. Navy Game and the FCS Championship Game.
John Sadak will be the lead play-by-play voice for Westwood One’s coverage of NCAA Football. Former Florida All-American wide receiver Chris Doering will work as a game analyst, as will former Minnesota tight end Derek Rackley. Jason Benetti will also call play-by-play for select games this season. Jason Horowitz returns to host the pregame and halftime shows. Click here for announcer bios.
“It’s going to be an exciting college football season,” said Brandon Berman, Westwood One’s SVP, Sports Sales & Marketing. “And Westwood One is in a position to meet the demands of passionate fans by connecting them to the NCAA brand. It’s a mutually beneficial win-win for listeners and the advertisers trying to reach this powerful and loyal consumer base. We’re excited to kick off the college football season and present our exciting lineup of games.”
Below is the 2014 broadcast schedule of NCAA matchups—17 regular season games plus three postseason contests. All of Westwood One’s college football games will also be streamed live on westwoodonesports.com.
- Thursday, August 28 – Texas A&M @ South Carolina
- Saturday, August 30 – LSU vs. Wisconsin (@ Houston, TX)
- Monday, September 1 – Miami @ Louisville
- Saturday, September 6 – Michigan State @ Oregon
- Saturday, September 13 – Georgia @ South Carolina
- Saturday, September 20 – Clemson @ Florida State
- Saturday, September 27 – Stanford @ Washington
- Saturday, October 4 – LSU @ Auburn
- Saturday, October 11 – Oregon @ UCLA
- Saturday, October 18 – Texas A&M @ Alabama
- Saturday, October 25 – Texas @ Kansas State
- Saturday, November 1 – Stanford @ Oregon
- Saturday, November 8 – Baylor @ Oklahoma
- Saturday, November 15 – Auburn @ Georgia
- Saturday, November 22 – USC @ UCLA
- Friday, November 28 – Arizona State @ Arizona
- Saturday, November 29 – Florida @ Florida State
- Saturday, December 6 – SEC Championship (@ Atlanta, GA)
- Saturday, December 13 – Army vs. Navy (@ Baltimore, MD)
- Saturday, January 10 – FCS Championship Game (Frisco, TX)
About Westwood One Sports
Westwood One Sports is home to some of the most exciting sports broadcasts on radio. In addition to its coverage of Barclay's Premier League, Westwood One Sports is the exclusive network radio partner to the NFL—featuring regular and post-season NFL football, including the playoffs and the Super Bowl. Its other extensive properties include NCAA Football; the Olympics; NCAA Basketball, including the NCAA Men’s and Women’s Tournaments and the Final Four; The Masters; and other marquee sports events. Westwood One also distributes NBC Sports Radio and CBS Sports Radio. On social media, join the Westwood One Sports community on Facebook and Twitter. For more information, visit www.westwoodonesports.com
About Westwood One
Westwood One, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cumulus, activates the power of sound to deliver compelling cross-platform audio content to more than 9,100 media partners and 225 million consumers each week. Westwood One’s rich array of content and services includes live play-by-play sports and sports talk programming; music and entertainment programs; news, talk, and information programming, 24/7 music formats; prep services; customized music, jingles and imaging; and national sales representation. www.westwoodone.com.